Saturday, May 10

Taceaux Loceaux (New Orleans, LA, USA)

After the longest hiatus I've ever taken from this blog, I'm back!  At least for one week, I'll be in action backlogging all the different noms I've had in the last four months.  Taceaux Loceaux deserves to be the first place I recommend, as it's probably one of the only places in New Orleans that I've gone back to over and over again.

I'm not sure if it's the allure of the food truck, but I'm loving this place at the moment.  Though not completely Mexican/Latin American, this food truck serves up a storm on even weeknights with their brisket (Messin' with Texas), BBQ pork (Kermit's BBQ), and delicious vegetarian options (with clever names).  Oh, and did I forget to mention their battered avocado fries?  They're the best thing NOLA offers to my belly.

I've tried just about half of their options so far, and the brisket was one of my favorites.  It erred on the saltier (and somewhat spicy) side, but the cilantro, radish and rest of the garnish gave the taco a fresh twist.  I also really enjoyed the BBQ pork, which had a pineapple salsa that was also delicious despite my dislike for sweet in my savory food.  The best invention (or adaptation) of theirs, is the avocado fries.  At a hefty price of $5 for about half an avocado (sometimes a little more), these battered wonders come with a delicious aoli that will disappear in no time!  Not to worry, these minute-appearing eats actually fill you up quicker than you think!  Another plus side of this food truck?  Its stop is always two steps away from a watering hole.  Literally.
Messin' with Texas
Kermit's BBQ
Avocado Fries
Price: $-$$ | $10pp
Rating: 4.5/5
Tip: truck moves around - follow on instagram or twitter for their location

5535 Tchopitoulas St.
New Orleans, LA 70115
#: (504) 606-4004
Taceaux Loceaux on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment