Saturday, May 10

Sucre (New Orleans, LA, USA)

With the few of my friends here in New Orleans, I was blessed enough to celebrate my birthday back in February with some Sucre macarons.  While I did not get to try their king cake, ice cream, or cakes, their king cake flavored macaron was their best flavor!

For those that haven't had "king cake" - it tastes a bit like a cinnamon roll, with less cinnamon and more buttery (in a good way).  I had some of the classic flavors such as pistachio and salted caramel, and while those were just mediocre in both texture and flavor, the king cake flavor was perfect!  The texture was still not as a macaron should be (refer to Laudree's), though it was adequate.  Just a tad bit too chewy for a macaron - especially the filling of each one.  The colors for the king cake one is perfect though (as much as I hate food coloring)!

One day, I just might brave their beautiful, pearly twist on king cake!

Price: $-$$
Rating: 3/5

Sucre (Website)
3025 Magazine St.
New Orleans, LA 70115
#: (504) 520-8311
Sucré on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment