Friday, October 11

Local Edition (San Francisco, CA)

One of my first destinations on my last trip to San Francisco was Local Edition, cousin of Bourbon & Branch (one of my favorite destinations in the city).  Known for their specialty cocktails with quirky historical names like "Fidel and Che" and "Brass Check," this vintage underground bar was bustling with well-dressed businessmen (and women) and the like.

With vintage typewriters at entrance and newspaper clippings celebrating the 50's and 60's, Local Edition had me taken at the doorstep.  It's trendy, classy, though a little too dark for my liking, but their service is amazing even on a busy day, and they don't skimp on the alcohol either.  Between me and my friend, we had the Birdcage and the Rosebud, of which I liked the latter.  The savory elements of the Rosebud had me sold, and it definitely wasn't disappointing.  We agreed that the Birdcage wasn't a hit for us, but that Local Edition really takes their alcohol and cocktails seriously!  Their cocktails have character, and their venue isn't lacking either.  I would still choose the 20's vibe, as well as the drinks and venue of Bourbon & Branch over Local Edition, but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to returning here either!


Local Edition (Website)
691 Market St.
San Francisco, CA 94105
(415) 795-1375
Local Edition on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment