Sunday, September 8

Asha Tea House (Berkeley, CA)

One of the best days I had started with a manicure at Solemates Nail Spa with two of my favorite sisters that I've known forever.  To top it off, we made our way to Asha Tea House, a year-long establishment started by David, who wanted to give tea lovers a home.  True to its origins, Asha sources its tea from Taiwan (where boba tea drinks all started), which makes it an even better place!  No bias at all. ;)

I got the hojicha latte, a green milk tea, with boba (otherwise known as pearls), which was absolutely delicious!  The tea was brewed perfectly, and much better than the cheap cuppa that uses milk tea powder.  However, my favorite drink was the blueberry green tea that Betty ordered.  I'm not typically a fan of fruit drinks, but because they use real blueberries, this drink had me sold!  I officially love this place.  Their philosophy of using health conscious ingredients such as antibiotic milk and organic tea leaves makes the appeal of this tea house greater, especially in a town like Berkeley.

We didn't spend long at Asha, but I could already see that there were regulars who were busy at work on their laptops.  If I were still going to school, I would definitely be frequenting this place for work!  They have amazing hours and free wi-fi!
Price: under 5USD/cup | $, $-$$
Rating: 4.5/5
Tip: They sell a good variety of loose tea leaves online! Yum.

Asha Tea House (Website)
Asha Tea Tumblr
2086 University Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94704
#: (510) 549-9137
Asha Tea House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment