Monday, August 26

Blue Bottle Coffee Stand (San Francisco, CA, U.S.A.)

This globetrotter is once again back home(ish) in the Bay Area for important matters, and no - I don't mean just food - but of course food is always important!  Day one of my weeklong vacation was an exciting day in downtown San Francisco with a fellow Californian from school.  I had to pay my dues, as a loss a bet last semester, so our first stop was In-N-Out Burger.  It may seem like an ordinary place to eat - but not when you live across the ocean!

I decided to be touristy, so we made our way to the Ferry Building for some Blue Bottle Coffee, one of San Francisco's famous coffee roasters.  They have several locations across San Francisco, but I'd have to say my most frequented would be the one located in the Ferry Building (Embarcardero), because there you also have access to Miette's delicious macarons!

Blue Bottle offers a variety of organic, non-pesticide beans, as well as coffee gadgets to brew your coffee just the way you like.  They also offer those options in-shop, and I hear the New Orleans Iced Coffee is their celebrity, but I have yet to try it.  So far, I've had their regular latte, which is a smooth and lightly aromatic.  It's not the strongest, nor the darkest, but it isn't acidic, and is very satisfying in both aroma and flavor.  Expensive for California (or the U.S., rather), I can see why one would cringe at paying almost $4 for a cup of coffee, but it's worth the experience!

The downsides of the Ferry Building location is the lack of seating and privacy if you're looking to have an intimate chat - but it's definitely the perfect place for a coffee to warm the soul in this always-chilly city.
Oh, and I've decided to share a song I'm listening to every post, and hopefully I'll get some music recommendations from ya'll!
Playing: No One's Gonna Love You by Band of Horses

Price: ~4USD/cup | $-$$
Rating: 4.5/5

1 Ferry Bld.
San Francisco, CA 94105
(Embarcadero)
Blue Bottle Coffee on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment