Tuesday, July 16

Passion Tree (Brisbane CBD, QLD)

Lately, I've been quite busy already with work and play and just getting things organized for the new semester.  Interestingly enough, I haven't had much time to sit in front of my computer and just browse, which it'll be like from now on.  Six months to the big exam, and I've come to the realization that my blog will have to lull a bit from before.

So after seeing the popularity of Passion Tree, I decided to tive it a try, even though I was rather skeptical.  I walked in once, and their breads and yogurt bar didn't look all that impressive, so I left.  After seeing a customer photo, I was craving a waffle, and not knowing where to go, I decided on Passion Tree.

I was originally going to opt for a coffee, but decided against it, as I've been trying to cut down on my almost-daily coffees!  So unhealthy and a burden on the wallet, so I just got the Crying-nut Waffle (10).  Confused as to why it's called this, I sat in one of their comfy chairs lined along the wall...

The waffle is one topped with vanilla ice cream (which I swear tasted more like a butter pecan or something), caramel nuts, and maple syrup on the side.  The waffle itself tasted a bit stale - and was neither crunchy nor soft - which was a bit disappointing.  The caramel nut cluster at the top was delicious, as was the ice cream, but the main part of my order fell flat on the floor.  It just didn't do it for me.  Maybe I'll try their Bingsoo, which seems to be what they're known for...

//edit
Today, I returned to Passion Tree in hopes that their macarons are better than what other places in Brisbane has to offer.  After much contemplation, I decided on the Yuzu, which is an Asian citrus fruit.  It's one that I do fancy - and while the flavor of the macaron was alright, the texture was just all wrong. It tasted like day-old macaron, and the filling wasn't particularly great.  I would give it a 3/5 - so my verdict doesn't change there.  Something worthy of note though, is that my friend got the coconut macaron, but to her dismay, it had a chocolate filling!  The service was still messy - with no improvement from last time.  There are too many cashiers, and they seem to get confused!  My friend got her macaron on a plate, while I got mine in a bag (see below).  Whether it's because of miscommunication or just carelessness, their service was so frustrating, we won't be returning anytime soon.

Price: 10AUD | $-$$
Rating: 3/5

Passion Tree (Website)
103 Elizabeth Street
Brisbane City, QLD 4000
#: (07) 3210-1885
Passion Tree on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment