Saturday, May 4

The Burrow (West End, QLD)

It was going to be a lazy bum around the house day for me today, but the weather was just so lovely out that I decided to head towards West End.  West end is one of those suburbs I would like to explore more, but a place I hate walking to but can't quite justify taking a bus to 'cause it's so close.  I walked my way to The Burrow at noon after unplugging my over-frozen mini refrigerator since I had no more breakfast food around the apartment, so I guess at least I had a justified reason for going out to eat.  So much for clean eating!

I was hoping they served all day breakfast today, but it was already lunchtime, so I had a chai latte (3.5) with the Badger Badger Mushroom Mushroom pizza (10).  I didn't know badgers were mycophiles, but of course I had to choose the one with mushrooms!  The thin crust pizza had mushrooms, gorgonzola, pancetta (which looked more like bacon than pancetta), rocket, and parmesan on top.  The crust was thin and flaky, and not at all soggy even with all the toppings, making it easy to eat with a fork and knife - so I give it my stamp of approval!  The gorgonzola cheese was a bit strong, so I wouldn't recommend this for non-cheese lovers.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't the parmesan.  The pancetta was a bit disappointing, as it looked more like normal bacon, and wasn't the thin slices that I was expecting.  The pizza was still good though!  I would definitely go back and try another of their creations...

The chai latte was thick and not overwhelmingly sweet, exactly what I was looking for today!  I was tempted by their milkshakes and juices, but decided I would save that for a different day.  Their service is of nothing to note, and for some reason I've also noticed waitresses don't tend to ask "For how many?" when I arrive at some restaurant.  I just have to awkwardly say it myself... Is this just me or is it something else?  Please let me know! It drives me a bit mad...

The Burrow also offers an endless variety of beers, etc. and have lots of seating.  It's is definitely a cute and wonderful place to meet friends both day and night!
Chai Latte (small)
Badger Badger Mushroom Mushroom Pizza




Price: 15-20AUD/person breakfast and lunch | $-$$
Rating: 4/5

37 Mollison St.
West End (South Brisbane), QLD 4101
#: (07) 3846-0030
The Burrow on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment