Sunday, April 14

Le Petit Gateau (Melbourne CBD, VIC)

After lunch at Izakaya Den, we fulfilled Jo's sweet tooth by paying a visit to the French patisserie, Le Petit Gateau.  We were pretty full from our lunch, but upon arriving, our bellies were at once again ready to go!  I'm more of a fruit tart type of gal, so I went for the Lemon Tart (6.8).  The others had the Brownie & Passionfruit Chocolate Gateau (8.6) and the Hazelnut Millefeuille (8.6).  We essentially shared our desserts, so I got to try all three!

I loved the Lemon Tart, as it was neither too sweet or sour, and I love tart pastries!  Although it's difficult to go wrong with a lemon tart - there definitely wasn't any added or artificial flavor that shouldn't have been there.  The Hazelnut Millefeuille was also delicious, as it reminded me of a Ferrero Rocher.  It was definitely richer, so it was difficult for me to have too much, but puff pastry always does it for me.  The brownie cake was also really delicious, and was a good balance of all the flavors, especially with the layer of passionfruit.  They do an afternoon coffee and dessert special for $9 that we should have done, but we didn't see it until after!

The place actually reminded me a bit of a petit Le Bon Choix, but definitely with better tasting desserts and better service!
Lemon Tart
Hazelnut Millefeuille
Brownie & Passionfruit Chocolate Gateau 
Price: 6.8-8.5AUD/individual cake | $-$$
Rating: 4/5

Le Petit Gateau (Website)
458 Little Collins St.
Melbourne, VIC 3000
#: (03) 9944-8893
Le Petit Gateau on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment