Monday, April 8

Chat Thai (Sydney CBD, NSW)

Before college, Thai food was rarely a thing that I went for.  It's one of those cuisines I enjoy but don't really make for myself for some reason, so going out for Thai is always a treat!  When in Sydney, I decided that I just had to go for Asian food, since it seems to be much better than what I can find in Brisbane, so we decided on Chat Thai, a popular chain restaurant.

The ambience is casual trendy, with a touch of Thai decor here and there.  Their utensils, cups, etc. were Thai-styled, which I think is actually pretty cute.  We were seated a bit closely to the tables next to us, which is my only complaint...

We weren't too hungry and the dishes are fairly large, so we got a noodle dish (pad si-ew), a meat dish, and sticky rice.  It was already a lot of food!  The pad si-ew noodles were really tasty -  a bit on the salty side, but really delicious, with generous chunks of cha siu (add-on) and Chinese kale.  The noodles were also a bit too oily for my taste, but they were nevertheless a win.  The gai todt, which was a crisp fried coconut milk marinated chicken with smoked chili relish (13), was a bit overfried.  I didn't fancy the dark, almost burnt looking chicken, but the flavor made up for it!  I loved the fried garlic flake garnish on top, and the sauce was also pretty good, although I think I even liked the meat alone.

The service wasn't too bad for a really busy lunch, and the food was also satisfying. Not a bad place for anyone in want of an inexpensive Thai.
Price: 10-15AUD | $-$$
Rating: 4/5

Chat Thai (Website)
Chat Thai (Facebook)
500 George St. Shop 5
Sydney CBD, NSW 2000
#: (02) 9283-5789
Chat Thai on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment