Monday, April 8

Bruschetteria 102 (Surry Hills, NSW)

My last destination in Sydney this January was Bruschetteria 102, a kitschy cafe decorated with vintage details that simply made me smile.  We were greeted by a friendly barista (who may or may not have also been the owner), and sat down in one of their 'rooms.'  The intricate decor of Bruschetteria 102 took me a moment to take in, and I just wanted to photograph everything!  They didn't seem to mind, but I didn't want to go overboard...

I wont' bother saying much about the food, other than it was fresh and delicious.  The bread was fresh and crisp, as promised by other reviews, and the presentation wasn't lacking.  The Nutella hot chocolate was definitely the highlight of breakfast, though.  It's Bruschetteria 102's specialty, and although it was quite sweet, as to be expected, it was addicting!  I almost wished I had a large cup - especially since they do '"latte" art.  The cups that the drinks came in were pretty and added to the romantic ambience of the cafe as a whole.  Ambience-wise, definitely one of my favorite cafes!  I was at my last stop before the airport, and the service was quite slow, which made me a bit nervous.  I would recommend this place, but only if you've got a bit of time to spare!
Price: 10-15AUD/person | $-$$
Rating: 4/5

102 Albion St.
Surry Hills, NSW 2010
(04) 0261-9540
Bruschetteria 102 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment