Wednesday, February 6

The Salt & Battery Fish and Chips (St. Lucia, QLD)

Rumor has it this place in St. Lucia serves up pretty good fish 'n' chips for a decent price, so I decided it was about time to try this place out.  A casual sit-in restaurant with outdoor seating along Hawken Drive, Salt & Battery seems to be one of the busier food stops in the area.

I had the battered cod (my usual) 'Plate For One', which comes with a salad and hot chips, which I changed to sweet potato chips/fries.  The cod was a tad bit fishy, but I really liked the sweet potato fries, which I don't often see around Brisbane, so it was pretty exciting.  They offer a variety of salads, and I got the caesar salad, which was...interesting.  It had eggs in it!  The dressing also wasn't caesar dressing, but it was still alright.  The 'Plate For One' was $14.5 with the switch to sweet potato fries, and sauces are $1 extra - so it wasn't actually as cheap as I had expected.  The service was good, and the location is really convenient for UQ students, but I think I'd still rather grab fish 'n' chips at Fish Market in Dutton Park.

Price: 15AUD pp | $-$$
Rating: 3.5/5

The Salt & Battery (Menu)
224 Hawken Dr. Shop 1
St. Lucia, QLD 4067
A Salt & Battery - Fish and Chips on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. hey tammy, you should definitely check this place out if you have the chance to. it's my absolute favourite fish and chips place in Brisbane.

    http://freshnwildfish.com.au

    Easy ferry ride to Brett's Wharf and a short walk over.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll keep that in mind. =)

      Delete