Sunday, February 10

Tasty Garden (Alhambra, CA)

I'm not too familiar with Hong Kong style Cafes, but I suppose it's just like any Cantonese restaurant, serving a variety of noodles, porridge, as well as different teas.  On a late night meet-up with some old friends, we decided to make Tasty Garden our food stop.  A casual restaurant with both Chinese and cafe-like decor, Tasty Garden is still bustling with people at 9pm, which pretty much only happens in Asian areas, and definitely not in Brisbane...

We got the pork chops and a fried noodle with beef and Sacha sauce (I don't know how to describe this English), which were both good.  I really liked the pork chops, though they were a bit salty and difficult to eat, but nevertheless, good.  My friend got the chicken porridge, which she enjoyed, but she really disliked the fruit tea, as it was disappointingly tasteless.  I can see Tasty Garden's appeal, as the food is decent, good value for the price, and is open for late night, just the way Asians like it! =P
Price: ~10USD pp | $-$$
Rating: 3.5/5

288 W. Valley Blvd.
Alhambra, CA 91801
#: (626) 300-8262
Tasty Garden on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment