Saturday, January 26

Syrup Desserts (Los Angeles, CA)

Liege waffles (with pearl sugar) are one of those things that are a bit hard to find that I really like, and so when me and Emily spent a day in L.A., I couldn't pass up a chance to try one at Syrup!

Berries almost always trump anything else when I'm deciding on a dessert, and so I went for the Mixed Berry Liege Waffle.  The liege waffle was pretty big, and topped with lots of berries, Mascarpone, and whipped cream (which I don't like), but the best part was the Jasmine tea ice cream.  The Jasmine tea ice cream was so, so good, and left me wanting more.  I probably would have gone for more, except we were eating at Bottega Louie later, so I had to contain myself.  The waffle itself was alright, but got a little soggy beneath all the cream, Mascarpone, and ice cream, but I guess that can't be helped.  The waffle could have done without the Mascarpone too.  I wanted to try their other flavors of ice cream and Italian soda too...
Mixed Berries Liege Waffle
Price: ~$10 USD for waffle + drink | $
Rating: 4/5

611 S. Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Syrup Desserts on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment