Sunday, January 20

Susina Bakery & Cafe (Los Angeles, CA)

On a fooding day in L.A., me and my cousin Emily decided on Susina, a bakery that seems to specialize in tarts.  Being a huge fan of tarts - especially lemon and fruit tarts - this was a must-go for me.  I was pleased to find a warm cafe with a long glass case with a variety of small treats and tarts of all sorts!  So excited - and so sad I couldn't try more kinds.

We got the fruit tart, which has berries (my favorite!) and tangerines - since I limited myself to one big item.  The filling was just the right consistency and wasn't too sweet, but balanced out the sour fruits.  The crust was also the perfect consistency and not too sweet.  It wasn't the best tart I've ever had, but it was delicious nevertheless!  I also had a chewy almond half-dipped nugget and a pistachio cookie, loved the first, and hated the latter cause of some weird aftertaste.  The latte was just right - but they do give you quite a tall cup for a medium - and it went well with all the desserts.

Other than being a very cozy place to meet up, they have free wi-fi, and currently sells Valentines Day treats!  Also, their menu chalking is pretty impressive.  I wonder if they get it professionally done...
















Price: $10 USD slide + coffee | $
Rating: 4/5

Susina Bakery & Cafe (Website)
7122 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
#: (323) 934-7900
Susina Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment