Tuesday, January 29

Slater's 50/50 (Pasadena, CA)

Chipotle Monster, Lean Mean Eating Machine, and Hammy Tammy are just some of the nicknames I've procured over the years, and now I have Burger Queen! Hah.  The truth is, I'm not that into burgers, but for some reason I always end up eating them.  I suppose I do enjoy a good burger, so when Emily goes fooding with me for a week - a burger joint always ends up being on the list.

Slater's 50/50 looks pretty much like any sports bar around -brick walls, tvs all around, and beers on tap - but they do the look well.  Upon walking in, I could see a concept, not to mention their hundreds of beer on tap, which they rotate weekly.  We were seated promptly by a friendly waitress and each given a "Build Your Own Burger" list longer than anything I've ever seen!  I was tempted to order one of their creations, but I just had to build my own - with beer battered jalapenos!

Their BYOB list includes all different cheeses, including "vampire dip," and strange toppings like strawberry jelly, which I can't imagine tasting good on any burger... My creation was named "Chipotle Monster" (though I didn't put it down on the paper), which had the 50/50 Patty, a patty made of 50% beef and 50% bacon, pepper jack cheese, Chipotle adobo mayo, as well my carefully chosen 'toppers'!  The burger was just the way I liked it, with all the additions I wanted, so naturally it was delicious.  I had my 1/3 pound patty medium rare, and the patty was tasty (but a little salty) and grilled to perfection - charred on the outside and juicy on the inside!  As you can tell from the photos, the 1/3 pound patty was already plenty.

We also got the Slater's Fries, which comes with the Slater's Bacon Dip, which was the highlight of the appetizer.  The bacon was smoky, and made the ketchup really tasty. Mmmm...
The "Chipotle Monster"

The "Justin" - and yes, those are onion rings!
Price: $10+ per burger | $-$$
Rating: 4.5/5 (Basketball + Wi-Fi + Burgers = WIN!)

Slater's 50/50 Pasadena (Website)
61 N. Raymond Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91103
#: (626) 765-9700
Slater's 50/50 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment