Tuesday, January 15

Pho 79 (Alhambra, CA)

Vietnamese food is everywhere in California (at least in SoCal), but it's something that actually isn't commonly found in Brisbane, so I decided I wanted some while here.  It's much, much cheaper in SoCal.  Where a bowl is $10 at Trang in West End, Brisbane, I can find it better for $7 here.  It's amazing!

I got the rare beef pho (Pho Thai), which is what I usually get since the beef tends to be more tender, but it wasn't all that tender here - which I was kind of disappointed about.  The broth was really good though, and didn't have any interesting taste that seemed out of place (like at Trang).  The egg rolls, unlike the traditional ones, were made with rice (?) paper (correct me if I'm wrong), and were some of the best that I've ever had!  The filling was delicious, and the crunch was even more with the kind of wrap they used.  It came with lettuce, cilantro (coriander leaves), and fish sauce, as it is usually served.  The iced coffee, which comes in a drip coffee cup, comes with ice and condensed milk - even better than the usual Vietnamese coffee!

I was satisfied and super full after all the cheap food. Mmm... I would go back for those egg rolls.
Rare Beef Pho (Pho Thai)
Price: ~10 USD pp | $
Rating: 4/5

29 S Garfield Ave.
Alhambra, CA 91801
#: (626) 289-0239
Pho 79 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment