Friday, January 18

Lette (Pasadena, CA)

I've never been the biggest fan of macarons, partially because they're usually dyed pretty heavily with food coloring (and food coloring grosses me out), but also because they're sometimes too sweet, expensive, and go stale quickly.  Lette, a macaron specialty shop based in Beverly Hills, is the fourth macaron place that I've tried (ever!), under the recommendation of Emily.

Lette's storefront macaron tree display was what ultimately lured me in (see cuteness below!).  The shop is a simple white, drawing your eyes to the colorful macarons with delicious flavors such as salted caramel, Sicilian pistachio, and passion fruit - all popular macaron flavors right now.  Some of their macarons are more than just a solid color - some have pieces of nuts or swipes of color on them, which makes them a bit more appealing (to me at least).  I would recommend the salted caramel and the raspberry.  Sadly enough, the rose and pistachio weren't the best, even though I really like those two flavors for macarons.  The pistachio could use more authentic pistachio flavor, as well as the rose.  I do wonder if the Beverly Hills ones are any better...

I'd recommend that you eat macarons the day of - and if you can't - make sure you eat the salted caramel one first since it gets stale more quickly!  And make sure you put them in a ziplock bag to keep them fresh.
Price: $1.75 USD per macaron (varies with box) | $ for macarons
Rating: 4/5

Lette Macaron Flavors
14 S. Fair Oaks Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91105
'Lette Macarons on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment