Tuesday, January 15

Jameson Brown Coffee Roasters (Pasadena, CA)

I would barely call myself a coffe fish, but lately I have been traveling around town for a good latte - even trying two places in a day.  I suppose I do travel to try out cafes in Brisbane, but I rarely find a good one I'd return to, and that may even be the case in L.A.'s suburbs.  Thankfully, I have a coffee-loving cousin so I don't need to consult Yelp or Urbanspoon for such matters, and enjoying a delicious latte is nothing like procuring a decent latte in Brisbane.

Jameson Brown is not one of those places you visit just once, especially if you've had their Lavender Vanilla Breve.  It leaves you wanting more, and it only comes in a small!  They also have other specialties, but I say beware of the Lavender Vanilla!  It may be a bit sweet for those who don't like sweet coffees, but it's not overly sweet, and the coffee is bold enough that it isn't masked by the syrups.  Even if you normally drink lattes without sugar/syrup - I would recommend that you give it a try!

I didn't enjoy their Snow Ball (coconut + white chocolate) Latte as much, but it may just be that I'm not a big fan of coconut.  They also have a variety of delicious sounding teas that may be worth trying.  This particular cafe of theirs is a bit empty - again with the brick-lined industrial look - but there are plenty of people on their laptops (free wi-fi!) doing their own thing, and others chatting away comfortably.  The cafe itself may not be a selling point (thought it does have couches), but their coffee definitely is!
Price: ~$4 USD per cup | $-$$ (for California)
Rating: 4.5/5

Jameson Brown Coffee Roasters
260 N. Allen Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91106
#: (626) 395-7585
Jameson Brown Coffee Roasters on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment