Saturday, January 26

Dulce Cafe (Little Tokyo - Los Angeles, CA)

After Sushi Gen, we went to chill at the Japanese Village Plaza, which looks just like what it sounds like - a Japanese village.  There is an Asian/Japanese grocery, Sanrio (Hello Kitty) shop, shabu shabu, second hand lolita shop, other shops, and Dulce Cafe!

Dulce Cafe, specializing in coffee (using LAMILL), carries a variety of Asian baked goods and serves up a pretty delicious dulce latte, which made with condensed milk.  I preferred it to the normal latte - though that was also pretty good - not too bold, but still fragrant.  They also serve Vietnamese Style Iced Coffee and Hong Kong Milk Tea (stronger than normal milk teas), which I would like to try.  I also got the Sweet Potato Chesnut Roti, which is a pastry bread with sweet potato chestnut filling.  The bread was really delicious, but I thought that there was a bit too much filling for my liking - and it's especially good if you ask them to heat it up for you!

The service was really friendly, and I'm glad I tried this place - even after a huge meal at Sushi Gen!  The outdoor seating is perfect for the plaza since it's kinda like sitting in a Japanese village.  Oooh, and the cafe is allegedly frequented by Aziz Ansari, my favorite! =P






















Price: $7 USD for drink + pastry | $
Rating: 4/5

Dulce Cafe (Website)
134 Japanese Village Plz
Building E
Los Angeles 90012
(Little Tokyo)
Café Dulcé on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment