Thursday, January 24

Bottega Louie (Los Angeles, CA)

On a day out in L.A., me and Emily went shopping at Vivienne Westwood, as well as some other shops, and found ourselves some goodies.  For a snack, we stopped by Syrup for some liege waffles, then moved on to Bottega Louie for some macarons and dinner!

When we arrived, it was already a bit late, but it was no less packed than what it would be at normal dinner hours.  This dimly lit (so dimly lit my photos are a bit eh) popular Italian hub has an extensive bar, a dessert section, and a gourmet market, topping off its bustling, yet romantic ambience.  We were told the wait would be about an hour, so I proceeded to their dessert corner to take a peek at their macarons (2) and impressive looking desserts.  I was most interested in the earl grey, which had a milk chocolate ganache filling, which really wasn't why I got it.  The earl grey macaron was my top pick cause it has gold flakes!  It was just too pretty to resist.  I also got the raspberry, which I really liked, and a couple of others.  The salted caramel wasn't bad, but I think I actually liked Lette's better...

We were hungry and excited for dinner, we were all ready to order when we were seated.  We got a half and half split Bianco and Sausage Pizza (20), Trenne Pasta (16), and the Portobello Fries (10).  The Portobello Fries was an excellent choice for an appetizer, as the batter was crisp and delicious with the meaty mushrooms.  How can you not love friend mushrooms?! =)  The Trenne Pasta, a pan sauteed trenne pasta with braised rib eye, kale, and parmesan, was interesting - and not quite what I expected - but nevertheless tasty.  The sauteed trenne pasta was crispy and was my favorite part of the dish, but the kale was also a nice touch.  The portion was a bit small, but as expected at a $$$ restaurant.

The half Bianco and half Sausage pizza was alright, but not something I'd get again.  The Bianco was good because the garlic flavor really popped and rocket arugula is one of my favorites, but it didn't taste particularly impressive, and neither did the Sausage pizza, which has fennel sausage.  Oh well, I wouldn't recommend the pizza here, but we had better things to move on to - dessert!  We decided on the Chocolate Souffle (15), which is the most expensive dessert they offer, but it was so, so rich and delicious.  The cake part was hot and fluffy, went really well with the vanilla, and together, the souffle was a perfect sweetness and flavor.  Needless to say, we were satisfied and all fooded out that day!
Early Grey Macaron!
prettiest desserts in their display case!
Half Sausage + half Bianco Pizza
Bianco Pizza

Chocolate Souffle
Price: $20-40pp | $$$
Rating: 4/5

Bottega Louie (Facebook)
700 S Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Bottega Louie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment