Sunday, August 12

Trang (West End, QLD)

It's been rather chilly lately at night in Brisbane, which has given me a craving for hot noodle soup.  Then, I remembered my friend Camille's suggestion of Trang Vietnamese on Hardgrave Road in West End.  Though hardly a restaurant known for its ambience, this bustling restaurant had both reservations and a line outside its door, with diners eagerly waiting their turn.  There were easily other restaurants along the same street that any hungry diners could satisfy themselves at, but it had to be Trang.

I went for the classic Pho noodles with the rare brisket (10), while Boris went for the Duck and Mushroom with steamed rice (17).  My Pho was totally worth it - and while it wasn't the best Pho I've ever had, it was pretty decent!  There was something about the soup taste that didn't taste like the traditional soup I was used to, but nevertheless, it was still tasty and a good portion.  I also had the Iced Coffee, which is also pretty classic for a Vietnamese place - and the combination somehow reminded me of home.  The duck was also pretty good, but a little pricey for what it is.  Though not the best place for a first date, the food and service were both pretty up to par.  Plus, if you're into the Vietnamese style three color ice drinks, that's a novelty that I don't usually see around here.

Pho with rare brisket

Duck with Mushroom
My iced milk coffee. Mmm~
Price: 10-15 AUD pp | $-$$
Rating: 3.5/5 (4/5 for Brissy)

Trang on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment